About 1000 cars are being added to Ra’anana every year. We already feel the lack of parking spaces in the city and the congestion.
A new Ra’anana standard is required in transportation.
We will carry out a revolution in public transportation within the city in cooperation with the Ministry of Transportation (which met most of Ra’anana municiplaity’s demands already in 2019). Due to a lack of cooperation on mayor’s end, the minister of transportation had decided to cancel a budget of 137 million shekel intended for the development of public transportation in Ra’anana.
We will ensure that Ahuza street will serve Ra’anana residents with available lines that will go from side to side and connect us to the train stations (and the metro in the future). All neighborhoods of the city will benefit from the service of public transportation and connectivity by small electric minibuses.
A large central parking lot will be opened in the city’s center alongside modern parking solutions near the train stations as befits Ra’anana of the 21st century.
We will implement the plan to construct bicycle lanes, completely separated from the sidewalks and the road, so that we will finally ensure the safety of pedestrians, cyclists and drivers. These routes will contribute to the reduction of thousands of car trips per day within the city (mostly due to parental transportation).
In details :
- We will upgrade public transportation across the city:
In cooperation with the Ministry of Transportation, and by their funding, we will prepare a renewed plan for public transportation services in Ra’anana based on the following principles:
- 50-passenger buses will operate on the streets of Weitzman and Ahuza.
- Electric minibuses of 7 to 19 passengers will operate in the urban wide streets leaving from Ahuza to the north and south.
- All city neighborhoods will be served by the new public transportation system.
- Maximum connectivity between all city neighborhoods to the train stations.
- Physical improvement and accessibility of all public transportation services in Ra’anana for the disabled.
- City-funded shuttles will be operated from November 2023 to and from the train stations.
The shuttles will operate on Weitzman street and on Ahuza (all financed by the municipality until the new layout is activated by the Ministry of Transportation).
- Yes to the metro – but not under the residents’ houses.
Ra’anana must be connected by means of mass transportation to all cities in Dan Region. Therefore, immediately after the elections, I will establish a team of experts on behalf of the Ra’anana municipality and external suppliers who will work regularly and continuously, from now on, with the officials of the Ministry of Transportation and the relevant governmental companies.
There are several effective and efficient alternatives to the metro route in Ra’anana, which do not require passing under residents’ homes or institutions such as schools. We will work to promote these alternatives in collaboration with the planning institutions.
- Ra’anana – the bicycles’ city :
Within 3 years (by the end of 2026) we will finish netting all of Ra’anana from end to end with bicycle lanes, and will finally return the sidewalks to pedestrians and ensure their safety and the safety of riders and drivers.
In this way, we will save thousands of trips per day in vehicles (mostly by the youth), and will develop independence among our children. It is obvious that air pollution will be reduced as well in the city.
The cost: NIS 45 million (15 million per year) out of the development budget, of which about 1/3 will be at the expense of the Ministry of Transportation.
- We will construct a covered and secure bicycle parking lot at the train stations.
- We will pave a “natural” single track of 2 kilometers long, inside Ra’anana’s Park for the enjoyment of our children.
- Parking in the city center – a dream coming true:
We will construct the central parking lot “Ahuza Center” in the model of the “Habima parking lot” in Tel Aviv. It will include 1000 parking spaces, in 2 sections : under the “Hayovel” parking lot (Ha’Mashbir Square) and the other part under the “Yad Lebanim” square.
The parking lot will allow free parking for all Ra’anana residents, and paid parking for guests. It will help us to increase the number of visitors in our main street – Ahuza.
At night – the parking lot will serve the residents Ra’anana’s city center and will solve the parking shortage, that is related to “TAMA 38” and urban renewal.
- Additional parking near the train station :
We will expand the parking near the “West Train station” so that it will include no less than 600 parking spaces (instead of 247 spaces today).
- Road safety
- We will designate streets where “traffic calming” will be carried out so that the driving speed will be reduced to 30 kmh, and thus we will allow safety for all road users.
- In a variety of streets across the city, in which there is a possibility of speeding up, we will add bumps that will help to reduce the speed and improve safety.