Sport is simply a way of life!!!
I grew up in a family who lives and breathes sports around the clock. My father, the late Hannan Crystal, was an Olympic rifle shooter who represented Israel in two Olympic games (1960 – Rome, 1964 – Tokyo) and was Israel’s rifle champion 17 times. My mother, may she live a long and healthy life, and my sister are also Israel’s rifle shooting champions.
I also participate in many sporting activitie in my spare time including sea kayaking, cycling and diving.
Sporting activities impart important values from childhood – the ability to face challenges, determination and perseverance, strengthening of willpower, taking responsibility, teamwork, competition with mutual respect and more. Sports obviously improve physical fitness and health, all of this at the same time as strengthening our mental faculties.
Ra’anana is facing a big problem in the different fields of sport due to a lack of resources and a reduction in municipal investment.
The new Ra’anana standard in sports will be as follows:
- We will invest more in sports – in infrastructure, coaches and professional teams, and obviously in our athletes. Immediately after the elections, I will assign a professional team to build, in cooperation with the managements of the sports organizations in Ra’anana, an individual work plan for the promotion of each field of sport in Ra’anana. The plan will include reference to the coaching staff and the administrative staff, the required infrastructure and according to its conclusions will implement the right activities needed within the municipal budget and work plans.
- We will increase the municipal support budget for the sports associations
The supporting sports budget has been eroded over the years in relation to the total municipal budget. For that reason, I will increase the supporting budget for sports associations on January 2024 by 500,000 NIS, and the resources will be based on priority changes in our budget
- Ra’anana deserves a decent football stadium
Raanana is 100 years old with a population of about 100,000 residents. It is definitely time for us to have our own proper football stadium. We will build it within 4 years. The funding will mainly come from our development budget and support from the “Toto” as well as from additional organizations
- Around Ra’anana
In order that we will all enjoy high-quality physical fitness, we will construct a circular Ra’anana track that will include a walking track, a running track (of similar quality to the track at “Sportek Neve Zemer”), and a cycling route around the whole of Ra’anana. The route will be lit at night, inspected by security cameras, and will offer rest areas: benches, cold water stations (as well water stations for dogs).
- Community Sports Events :
We will expand popular sports events including:
- Urban sports week – Every April, all over the city, we will offer you the opportunity to participate in a variety of competitions where prizes will awarded in a variety of sporting fields.
- Cycle around Ra’anana by bike – a new family friendly cycling event, will be launched and held annually.
- Ra’anana swimming championship – in the municipal pool. A week of swimming competitions for all ages
- More sport infrastructures for all residents:
All the sports halls will be made available to the residents at the end of the school day, so that they can be used at a discounted rate.
- Ra’anani Olympics
We will provide budgetary support of NIS 20,000 per year to Ra’anana resident athletes who will be appointed to the Israeli Olympic squad.
- We will expand cooperation with supporters (sponsors)
In order to support the major Ra’anana sports teams in football, basketball, volleyball and handball, we will expand our collaboration with a number of sports sponsors.