Nir Crystal is well experienced in the field of security, and here are some of his activities so far. The list will be followed by the platform for the years to come.
Crystal’s activities so far in the field of security :
- In charge of city’s security as the mayor’s deputy in 2019- April 2021.
- led an agreement of Ra’anana municipality with the state (January – 2020) on the establishment of the first fire station in the industrial park of Ra’anana. The funding of Nis 20 million should have been completely by the state.
The agreement was canceled after two months by the mayor, upon his sole decision, regardless of a formal alert about the danger to Ra’anana residents’ safety, formally expressed by Israel’s chief fire and recue commissioner.
- Obtained a budget of NIS 1.5 million from the Ministry of the Interior for the renewal of the city’s emergency warehouses.
Due to the cancellation of the construction of the fire station , that was supposed to be at the same complex, the mayor did not use this budget for 3 years , and the warehouses have not yet been replaced. Therefore the Ministry of the Interior have cancelled the allocation of this budget for Ra’anana.
- Founder and commander of Ra’anana Parents’ Patrol– safe in the city for the younger generation – Nir Crystal was the founder and commander of the Ra’anana Parents’ Patrol, as Civil Guard volunteers in collaboration with the police (Mishmar Ezrahi) in Ra’anana (2010 – 2018).
The parent’s patrol deals with the safety and security of Ra’anana youth during their free time – weekends, holidays and vacations and has been privileged to save the lives of 6 youngsters of Ra’anana.
- Commander of the volunteer unit at the Tel Aviv Fire Department (1996 – 2000) and a total of 15 years of volunteering in the Tel Aviv Fire Department.
- Nir initiated and led the program of the municipality for treatment of the phenomenon of drugs and alcoholism among the youth.
- Nir volunteered to lead municipal program on the activation of volunteers in the municipal security system in 2009 (for the mayor at the time).
- led the construction of the municipality’s master plan to deal with a pandemic (due to the corona virus).
Work plan for Ra’anana :
- 24/7 Security in Ra’anana
All kindergartens, schools, Ra’anana’s park and other municipality’s public institutions, will be guraded by hired armed guards all year round.
- Expansion of the municipal security patrol :
Immediately after the elections, i intend to increase the standard of the security patrol , and to immediately hire 45 patrollers. That is in compare to the standard of 32 patrollers that was established more than a decade ago, nevertheless the actual staffing was reduced by the mayor in 2022 and currently operated by 20 patrollers only ! which does not meet the city’s needs at 100,000 residents.
– 2 new heavy motorcycles will be added to the jeeps patrolling the city for quick response.
Funding : For the execution of section 1-2, additional Nis 9.5 Million will be allocated to city’s security budget out of change in priorities of the Municiplaity’s current budget.
(I will not impose additional tax on Ra’anana residents due to the fact that our Arnona is already expensive).
- Ra’anana new security complex – We will establish a new security complex in our industrial park,(On Ha’haroshet street, just in front of “Shufersal deal”) which will include all the city’s security services / elements under one roof .
The complex of 3.5 dunams in the industrial area will include:
“Magen David Adom” station and rescue volunteering services by “Ihud Hatzala”
Municipal enforcement unit.
The municipal security patrol.
A state-of-the-art and modern city’s call center (“Moked Ironi”).
Municipal emergency warehouses – partly underground.
Funding : The complex will be constructed at a cost of 55 million shekels within 3 years (end of 2026), with the following budgetary sources: 25 million shekels by state funding, 30 million shekels (10 million million shekels per year * 3) funded by the municipality of Ra’anana from the development budget.
- Doubling the number of cameras in the city:
By the end of 2025, we will double the amount of cameras in Ra’anana to a total of 1200 cameras (an addition of 600 cameras to the 600 that exist today).
We will chain all the entrances and exits in all the streets of the city, to increase the sense of security and for better response to security violations.
All public gardens will be connected both by announcement, lighting, and by photo to the municipal call center.
Source of funding: the development budget.
- A new separated emergency line – for quicker emergency response :
A dedicated line for emergency response will serve Ra’anana residents by the municipal call center (Moked Ironi).
- More for Civil’s Emergency squads and volunteers:
We will recruit new volunteers out of Ra’anana residents in the field of urban security in cooperation with the Israel Police, including for operating Emergency squads in the neighborhoods.
We will allocate them the required resources such as equipment, trainings and more.
Deploying barriers that rise from the ground in the city will allow us to isolate areas of the city during emergencies as well as better control the exits and entrances to Ra’anana
- Strengthening the municipal rescue unit
Our rescue unit is one of the largest and best in Israel, but the investment of budgets and resources to promote the unit has been greatly reduced in the last 3 years. I intend to change that. I will increase the investment in recruiting more volunteers, in equipment and training the volunteers. Ra’anana must be well prepared for emergencies such as war, earthquakes and more.
- The municipal parents’ patrol
We will recruit more volunteers for the parents’ patrol, and will provide them with the appropriate training and the appropriate equipment for activities with the youth at night. Our youth – simply need them.
We will also increase their integration in educational activities in elementary and high schools within the framework of the trainings that the youth undergo in the areas of preventing the use of drugs and alcohol.